Wednesday 8 April 2015

Miss Green and White Calls For Peace In Nigeria





Reigning beauty queen, Miss Green & White , Faith Oyegbola wants Nigerian youths to protect the image of the country. As elections hold across the country,  she advised that they should not be used as tools of destruction, just as they  carry out their civic responsibility by voting wisely. She also shares her beauty pageant experience. Excerpts.
Congratulations on your emergence as Miss Green and White Nigeria, kindly share your experience during the contest?   

Thank you, I am Faith Oyindamola Oyegbola, I’m 16 years old, from Ogun State.
It was actually my first time to participate in a  beauty contest. In the contest, I had  the opportunity to learn  a lot of things, being with girls older than me, having different characters, from different family back ground, it was very challenging, I must confess. Besides, all the girls were beautiful and intelligent, it wasn’t easy at all. I am glad I won. By and large, it was fun; the camp activities, the event proper, seminars, sports, showcasing  sports wear on stage and other interesting activities,  it was very innovative. I really commend the organisers Lady Juliet Geoffrey of 2Side Modeling Concepts for giving young women  such an opportunity.

How did you hear of the competition?   
Actually, I got the information about Miss Green and White Nigeria online, through  Facebook, I also came across the fliers. The moment I saw it on several links, I got interested because, I was
actually looking for opportunity of such.  I decided to give it a trial, prayed and did my best in the competition.

What are your plans as Miss Green and White?
Well, I am working on couple of programmes to sensitise the youth on their roles in the society, how we can protect the image of our dear country Nigeria, staying out of violence and not to be used by anybody as a tool of destruction.
I’m a peace loving person, adding to the slogan of the pageant that says “Peace & Unity” I’ve been working tirelessly, also convening messages to  youths, running campaigns through the social media on the need for Nigerians to embrace peace and show love to one another. Most importantly elections are going on in the country, we all have to be wise and vote peacefully.

Nigeria is having the challenge of security, how do you promote peace in the country?
Yeah! Security is a global problem, not only Nigeria is facing this problem but that does not mean we should keep silent. Things are happening everywhere in the world but we have to voice out in so doing, people will have ideas on how to combat the insecurity challenges in the country.
I will use my position as a beauty queen to air my voice through the media and otherwise.

How will you discourage youth from violence?
 The Great Nigeria Youth! The Future of Nigeria!!
Please Say No to violence.

How do you balance your reign as a queen with your education? 
Right now I have all the time and am about to get into a higher institution, I study most of the time anyway.

Do you intend to focus on modelling? 
Believe me I love modelling and whatever I’m doing I will attach modelling to my education because very passionate and know by His grace I will make it.

Your advice to young Nigerian like you?
Stay out of crime. Say no to violence .Say no to drugs
Just be yourself and stay focused. Don’t forget it’s your right to vote
Bob Nelson, said “There is only one person responsible for your career, your success, your destiny which is ”YOU”


No comments:

Post a Comment