Monday 8 June 2020

My Wife Is Too Stubborn…

Your spouse may be stubborn, lazy, rude, aggressive, and uncompromising. She may  perhaps be contrary to your expectations. Do you just send her away? 

Indeed it is your responsibility to build you spouse to become what you desire. It takes compromise, tolerance and patience.

Before you label your partner as a misfit, you need to ask yourself these questions: 
What value have I contributed or added to my wife since we got married? 
How have I assisted her to fulfill her dreams? 
What changes or adjustments have I personally made to make my marriage better? 
What habits do I need to drop to grow my marriage?

As a wife, in spite of your background or the circumstances surrounding the consummation of your marriage, don't condemn your partner. 

Be submissive to your husband.
Honour him. 
Be interested in his business, values, beliefs and spirituality.
Fellowship with him and go to church with him. 
Serve and honour his God. 

Remember that you are not only a wife to him; you are a mother to him, his friend and lover.
Let him know you trust him. 
Don't criticize or question his authority in public. 
Don't insult him.
Don't discourage him or disparage his achievements. 
Praise his efforts (even if they are little). 

Note that, you are his greatest encourager as well as his worst critic. If other people kill his ego and self-esteem, don't help them to bury him.   



No comments:

Post a Comment