Tuesday 13 October 2015

“My Husband Didn’t Support My Election…” – Oluremi Tinubu



 
It is always said that “behind a successful man is a woman.” And in a similar way, behind every successful woman is a thriving man! But Senator Oluremi Tinubu seem to surprise all when she declared her husband did not give her his support to run for a second term as a senator in Nigeria’s 7th national assembly.

But could this be true? If your spouse were to aim for such height wouldn’t you support him or her?

Senator Oluremi Tinubu, the lawmaker representing Lagos Central Senatorial District, recently revealed that her husband, the national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu did not support her re-election into the Senate.
 
Speaking at the “Women in Government” Conference organised by the South-West Region of the Department For International Development (DFID) in collaboration with the Office of the Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Mrs. Tinubu, former Lagos State First Lady, said it was her district leaders who procured her nomination form and convinced her husband to allow to run for the position.

"People have been saying that I got to this position because I am Asiwaju's wife. What they did not realise is that in the past election, my husband asked me not to go for a second term.
“It was the leaders in my district that got me the form and talked to him that they wanted me to go back.

"You can go to my district, the elites might not know me, but the grassroots are the ones supporting and voting massively for mc", she said.

Speaking further, she said, "I have realised that when you are elected, you have to go back and work with your constituency because that is where your support and vote rests."
 
But did she eventually get the APC’s strongman’s support? Your guess is as good as mine!

Remember, “Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up”

Support your spouse! Don't just give him/her a kiss in the bedroom. Support their careerQ

No comments:

Post a Comment