Wednesday 11 November 2015

Wife’s Nagging Revives Fatally Sick Husband From Coma



When Will Osgerby, 42, got a tiny cut from planting a tree, he never expected the seemingly harmless wound would almost kill him, but a near-fatal infection entered his body through the minor scrape, and his organs started to fail. ​​

Gill, 32, first noticed her husband was in a dire condition when she was putting her two sons Henry, four, and 20-month old Fraser, to bed the evening he was cut. She heard "crashing and banging" from the other room and then "Will came in looking like a zombie," she told the Daily Mirror.

After being rushed to the hospital, Will, who was placed on a ventilator and four different life support machines, went into a coma.

Gill was by his side everyday while he struggled to survive in the ICU, despite the fact that doctors warned her that there was nothing more they could do to save her beloved.

"They had him on the highest strength drugs they had available and we just had to stay near him."

"At one point I gave him a proper talking to, telling him he had to be strong and had to pull through for me and the kids," she told the Daily Mirror.

"I told him: 'Come on Will, be strong! You need to think of the boys, you have to keep their picture in your head. You have to bite your teeth and get through.'"

Apparently her stern lecture worked, because after six days in a coma, Will, who could hear his wife, woke up, which absolutely stunned his physicians.

"She did give me a good nagging, and I don't think I would be here today if it wasn't for her," Will said.

"She never lost faith in me, and I genuinely think that her constant support helped me to make it through.  It certainly proved how strong we are together."

No comments:

Post a Comment