Monday 28 July 2014

Dress Code: Do I Obey My Husband or The Church?



  
"At my church where I just joined the workers, wearing of trousers, fixing of hair, the use of earrings or jewellery has been banned.

But my husband insists I must wear and use them, and he has repeatedly threatened me that, that is how he want as me to appear, and that if I choose to do otherwise, whatever happens in our home would not be his fault.

The word of God which the church emphasizes teaches that I must obey and submit to my husband. But now, I am at a crossroad.

I have appealed to him severally but he is adamant. My husband goes with us to church and yet stubbornly rejects the dress code. Yes, my husband is not strong spiritually; but I love him, and I love God too!

Who do I listen to? Should I resist and continue to dare my husband’s threats and disobey him? Should I continue to persuade and appeal to him? How can I satisfy my husband’s dress style and taste and at the same time displease God in this matter? Please I need counsel!”

6 comments:

  1. This calls for prayers. Pray for the man to have a change of heart because working for God should be paramount in every true believers life. Is he asking you to wear them to church? Am sure no. If you have to wear them at all, wear them in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what has the dressing of a wive got to do with her spirituality? if your husband thinks how u dress is decent enough for him, pls stick to that. We let too many unnecessary things to intrude in our worship and a lot of these stuff are not commanded by God. - Wale Eyitayo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is moderation in dressing that u are talking about here? the church says trousers for women is bad. how do u moderate that? abeg, its either u wear or u dont wear. choose who u will serve. u cant be here and there at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well d woman should obey her husband and go back to God in prayer bout d situation

    ReplyDelete
  5. well d woman should obey her husband and go back to God in prayer bout d situation

    ReplyDelete
  6. if this calls 4 prayers, will d church allow her to workng while d praying is going on?

    ReplyDelete