Thursday 3 December 2015

Woman Divorce Husband For Drinking Too Much



Many people break their marriages for many reasons. But for nurse Laraba Thomas, her major reason for asking for divorce was that her husband of 29years was fond of drinking.

She filed divorce, and a Mararaba Grade 1 Area Court, Aso Pada, Nasarawa State, Nigeria on Thursday, dissolved marriage between Laraba Thomas and her husband, Ali Thomas, over his drunkenness. 

Granting Laraba’s wishes, the presiding judge, Mr Albert Maga, said all efforts by the court and family members to reconcile both parties had failed as she had insisted on the divorce.

Maga said “from today, you cease to be husband and wife; this court will rest further deliberations and declare free divorce to both parties.” The petitioner, a resident of Calvary Road, Aso Mararaba, said she wanted a divorce because her husband was looking older than his age due to high intake of alcohol.

She said both of them had been living separately for the past four-and-half years because of her dislike for the quantity of alcohol consumed by her husband. She added that “my husband drinks a lot, in fact, too much; that is why he is looking older than his age.

“My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I am no longer interested and I do not love him anymore.” The nurse told the court that the marriage was contracted in 1986 and had produced four children. The respondent, however, did not object to the plea of his wife.

“I have nothing to say on her claims since it is her desire to have a divorce; I pray the court to grant her whatever pleases her because I have nothing against her. “We have children with grandchildren; we are supposed to be planning our retirement and how to enjoy together. “I am not young anymore to be fighting over divorce; I am living and waiting for the day God will call me home to Him,’’ the husband said.



No comments:

Post a Comment